A warm welcome to a couple of new businesses within our community. Chef Emily Wells took on the The Olde Glasgow Mill serving up lunch, dinner and sandwiches on the go this summer. Congratulations to her and her team on the success of on their first season. And more recently Chef Jeff McCourt and his wife Grace have opened the doors of Glasgow Glen Farms! The Cheese Lady Gouda Cheese operation is now located at #190 Route 258 here in New Glasgow.
Upcoming Community Events
- The Community of New Glasgow “End of summer Social” will be held on Sunday September 7th from 5-9pm.
- Scavenger Hunt, crafts, finger foods and cash bar at The Olde Glasgow Mill
- Live Music & dancing, children’s games. Final schedule to be announced closer to date.
- Walk, Run, Bike or stroll in the Annual New Glasgow Terry Fox Run on Sunday September 14th. Registration begins at 10am at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers–with a complimentary corn boil lunch afterwards for all participants. Pledge sheets available at NGLS or online at www.terryfox.org. Collect online or turn your pledges in onsite the day of.
- Sunday September 21st, New Glasgow has 2 host farms in this year’s Open Farm days. Feel free to visit behind the scenes of The Larkin Bros. Poultry Farm (1-3pm) & Abelaine Farms (11am-3pm). There are more open farms just minutes away in Mayfield and Hope River. For more information on Open Farm days visit www.peiagsc.ca/openfarmday/hostfarms.php
- New Glasgow Christian Church’s Annual Thanksgiving Dinner is Monday October 13th at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers. 4-7:30pm. No advance tickets. Tickets available at the main door and take-out orders will be sold in the gift-shop.
- Join us for our Annual Fall Cleanup for the New Glasgow Parks. Bring your gardening gear and anything that might come in handy. Saturday October 18th, 9am to Noon.
- New Glasgow Women’s Institute Annual Meet your Neighbor Night, will be held near the end of October at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers. All residents are welcome to enjoy a Potluck, cake auction, 50/50, games and more! The WI will be delivering invitations door to door with the date and time of this fun filled night.
- The Annual Gulf Shore Music Program Spaghetti Spooktacular will be held near the end of October at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers. So dress up in your costume, bring the family and get into the Halloween spirit with a night of fun and delicious food – served by the music students. Tickets available in advance through the music students.
The New Glasgow Community Corporation will be contacting residents this fall regarding their upcoming donation drive. Please give generously so we can keep our community clean, beautiful and most of all safe.